This article targets especially moms who read this blog. Why? Because lice are especially a childhood problem. It is unlikely to come home from work with the suspicion of having lice, but each year the school begins there is a probability your kid will come home with lice.
I remember I had lice few times during my childhood. The most common substance used back then was gas. So normally this is what my moms used. And that special comb.
During my search in natural products area, I have found this natural lotion. I have not tried it personally since I did not have lice since my childhood ( and I hope not to have them) but I have read some very good reviews about it. If my mom knew about this she most probably would have tried it.
The lotion is based on 3 ingredients:
- 30 ml sweet almond oil;
- 3 drops red geranium essential oil;
- 5 drops lemon verbena essential oil.
- You need to incorporate the essential oils in the almond oil, drop by drop.
- Leave the mixture to rest for at least 5 days before you can use it.
- Apply the mixture on wet hair after you shampooed it. Massage very well the hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a plastic wrap and leave the lotion to action for 1 hour.
- The oils will smother the lice and the the eggs will be eliminated when you will rise the hair.
You should prepare this product in advance before the school starts, just to be on the safe side. I am telling you this because as you saw you will need to leave it for at least 5 days to rest before you can use it. Meanwhile you can always use gas, like my mom did or any other natural product you know is good against lice.