Arthritis is defined as inflammation of the joints. It is an erosion, a gradual deterioration of the cartilage that covers the bone of a joint that starts to wear out; It occurs with age, after a injury or especially athletes may confront this problem.
There are plenty of remedies, supplements and herbal treatments available on the market to help people who suffer from pain caused by arthritis in the knee and wrists. Whether you prefer conventional pharmaceutical drugs or alternative ones, such as plants and tinctures, there are solutions that ease the pain, stiffness and inflammation caused by arthritis. Here are 8 of them:
- Eat turmeric. This spice is very well known and a vegetable supplement believed that makes miracles on relieving pain from arthritis, reducing stiffness and inflammation. Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and has demonstrated its efficacy in reducing pain caused by tendonitis and arthritis. You can find turmeric the form of supplements which can have an amplify effect if you mix it contents with a tablespoon of olive oil and swallow it. Or you can extract turmeric using Ayurvedic method: take a quarter cup of turmeric powder and put in half a cup of water . Boil for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Do not let the thick paste obtained become too dry. Once cool place the pasta in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator. It can keep for several weeks. Mix a tablespoon or more of paste, for each use, with hot milk and stir. You can add honey or maple syrup for a sweet taste and half a teaspoon of coconut, almond or sesame oil.
- Bromelain is a mixture of digestive and proteolytic enzymes extracted from pineapple core that helps relieve inflamed tissues. Make some fresh pineapple juice and start drinking it.
- Arnica is another remedy for topical pain and stiffness associated with arthritis or other inflammation. Due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory effects, arnica is known for hundreds of years, being used as a medicinal plant since the late sixth century. Therapy uses the yellow flowers of the plant because they are rich in essential oil, flavonoids, carotenoids, organic acids, tannins, phytosterols and organic acids. This flowers are harvested in June and July, and naturally dried in shade.
- Garlic can solve the problem of knee arthritis knee pain. If you confront knee pain increase the amount of daily garlic. Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties the garlic will help to reduce your pain.
- You definitely have this vegetable in your kitchen. Peel and wash a medium-size potato, cut it into slices in keep it in cold water. In the next morning you should drink that water on empty stomach.
- Green Juice. As you well know, green is life. Drinking green juice will enhance the immunity of your body. You may obtain this green juice from any green leafy vegetable. You can also use vegetables such as celery, red beet, and carrot.
- Avoid heat. If you are recently injured you should avoid applying any heat on the area and start applying ice instead.
- Massage. Gently massage the knee to enhance blood circulation. It the area is to sensitive and you experience grown knee pain, we recommend you to visit a massage therapist that can offer you a professional massage.